Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CART 351: Week 9

For my project I decided it would be nice to experiment with living organisms. Plants would be a great example for this particular idea. To make this come true I took 3 light recycled light bulbs and transformed them into "test tubes" to see the growth. To me this was much more experimental than what I'm use to. To make this project work, I'm relying 100% on the growth of the moss. I will be taking two pictures a day to see the change of the micro-environment. Hopefully there will be some change in a week.

I chose light bulbs because recycling is important to me and thus thought it would be nice to incorporate it in my piece. Removing the inside of the light bulbs was harder than I expected. I broke many bulbs trying. My initial idea was to use 6, but realized it was maybe too ambitious for the time frame we were given. I followed a recipe online on "how to make moss" and I'm crossing my fingers it will turn out. I feel like this piece would be a nice way of collecting data, in a fun and creative way. Now I just have to wait!














































Online I found many sites explaining people how to grow moss, and many seemed very controversial. On one site I found nothing was clear and people seemed to contradict each other rather than agree. I had to put my trust in others to see if it would actually grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment