We were assigned a project in Networks and Navigation untitled Mapping. We had to create a cartographic visualization employing the notion of map or mapping. I chose to do it on the people in my surroundings that I love the most. I chose my mom (Nicole) two of my best friends (Alexandrine and Mathieu), my brother (Alexandre), my boyfriend (Yannick) and his little cousin that I adore to death (Westly). I decided it would be a cool concept to place my photographs in a globe frame. This way you perceive the globe to be a representation of a map (or in other words my world). All the individuals I have chosen place a great importance in my life. My project consisted of asking each person of their thumb print and of course their photograph. With these two specific resources I came up with the idea of combining them and making one simple art piece. With the thumb prints being transparent you get a very good idea of what each person looks like without revealing everything. Every body has a unique thumb print therefore re-enforcing the identity issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment